Posts filed under ‘Uncategorized’
So The Walgreens construction is going very quickly on Holland Ave. I was against it going up from a stand that it did not fit in well with the community architecture. Now that I can see the construction, location, et. al. I will give my analysis
- Location is much needed in area not so much to say as a pharmacy as there are a couple in the area, but as a 24 hour convience location. Many a time I have needed something at Midnight or so, and I was forced to go to the ghetto chopper on Delaware.
- Although the location is placed very close to the road, which is a problem I believe, There is one element that is very good. The way the land was developed, the store is about 3 feet lower than the road, so it provides a bit of a natural wall to the store.
- There are worse locations, it is next to the McDonalds, but it borders the historic part of Holland with the Tudor houses (Does anybody know the story with those?)
- The placement on the land is way too close to the road. Thats what makes the neighborhood great, is the mix of development, but all of these places are off the road, to keep the natural, look to the neighborhood. This walgreens does not fit within the rest of the buildings.
- Not a separate entrance? It appears as though the only way to enter is through the McDonalds Parking lot that Hackett runs into. There should also be an entrance off Holland as well.
Overall, I am amending my previous hesitations to the Walgreens, and I hope it will make a good addition to the neighborhood.
Today’s edition will not be a rant, but a praise.
I thoroughly enjoy the Lark Tavern for many reasons.
- Tess-An Albany Legend. Tess the owner of the Lark Tavern previously managed Justins, and Bombers. She has a great knack for this business. She remembers everyone, even how they kept their hair the last time they were in. She is always willing to accommodate, and does it always with a smile.
- The Food-Arguably the best food, and most diverse of any of the bars on Lark Street. From hamburgers, to Garbage Plates, to pasta that changes daily and home made meatballs, Lark Tavern is much more than a gin mill.
- The Clientele-Last night I was in there, and Barack Obama was giving his acceptance speech at the DNC. Not only was it on all the channels, the sound was on, and everyone was paying attention to the speech. This type of people that would stop what they are doing for politics are a rare group of people you will find out at bars at 11 pm on a thursday…certainly not at other Albany establishments.
- Service-The service here is second to none, I have never had more receptive, quick, efficient, and all allround excellence in a bar.
Kudos to everyone at the Tavern for making it such a great place to hang out!
Hello everyone and welcome to the my blog. This blog is created to discuss things out and about the 7th Ward, along with everything else I may go on a rant on…
It the upcoming posts, I will talk about politics, local stuff, and cool things I’m up to.
So, Stay tuned.